Mexico is a country full of surprises and on this tour, you will visit two places -- Mexico City and Oaxaca -- with a rich archeological ruins dating back to the Aztec empire during this eight days/seven nights trip.
Our adventure begins in Mexico City, the capital of Mexico, and one of the oldest cities founded by Native Americans. During our visit, we will explore the following elements.
- Mexico City Sightseeing Tour to learn about this city rich history.
- Templo Mayor, one of the main temples of the Aztec empire, in their capital city of Tenochtitlan, now known as Mexico City.
- Museo de Antropologia (Museum of Anthropology), a national museum with one of the largest collections of pre-Colombian artifacts, including the Stone of Sun (Aztec calendar sun) and Aztec Xochipili statue (the god of art, beauty, dance, flowers)
- Basilica de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe (Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe), one of the most visited Basilicas in the Catholic religion.
- Teotihuacan Pyramid (Pyramid of the Sun) believed to be constructed in 200 CE and is one of the largest structures in the Mesoamerican empire.
- Ballet Folklorico, is one of the leading Mexican folkloric dance companies, and we will enjoy one of the dance troupes spectacular performances.
- Xochimilco, a World Heritage site with a largest collection of pre-hispanic heritage.
Then, we will venture to Oaxaca, another vital location with rich roots in the Atzec culture. Our adventure will include the following experiences
- Mitlan ruins, the second most important archeological site in Oaxaca, and one of the most important structures in the Zapoteca culture (one of the largest indigenous groups in this area).
Package only includes ground arrangements.
Roundtrip airfare is not included in this price since airfares will vary depending on when you actually book your tour.
Airfare can cost $400 and price will vary depending on when you book your international flight.
You can use frequent flier miles to cover expenses for the international airline ticket.