Barcelona, is the capital of the Catalonia region,
is known around the world for its art and culture. On this six
days/five nights adventure, you will capture the essence of Barcelona.
You will have the following experiences.
- Barcelona sightseeing tour featuring the following elements.
- La Sagrada Familia, a world-famous architectural masterpiece
- Park Guell, Gaudi's greatest Park with beautiful city views
- Passeig de Gracia, Barcelona's luxurious strip
- Casa Batllo, Gaudi's most astounding contribution to Modernismo
- Casa Amataller, part of the trio "Apple of Discord"
- Casa Morera, part of the famous trio
- Plaza España, an impressive plaza in Barcelona
- The National Palace
- The Olympic Rings, see where it all happened in 1992
- The Columbus Monument, a tribute to Christopher Columbus
- Plaza Cataluña, another famous plaza in the heart of Barcelona
- Montserrat trip to take in spectacular views on top of a mountain,
- Cava to meet a local wine maker and see how the world famous wine is made.
- Las Ramblas, a popular tree-lined pedestrian street for shopping.
Our group will visit the following museums.
- Museu Picasso (Picasso Museum) looks a the early years of this legendary artist who has deep roots in Barcelona. This museum has a collection of more than 4,251 pieces of art dedicated to Picasso's early works
- Fundacio Joan Miro spotlights the work of another Barcelona artists known for his paintings, sculptures, textiles and ceramics.
- Fundacio de Antoni Tapies, a Barcelona-born artist, renowned for his paintings.
Our group will also spend a morning exploring Barcelona on a bicycle taking in sites such as Barceloneta beach, Modernismo Architecture, Statue of Columbus, Castle of Three Dragons, and other attractions.
We will also enjoy a Flamenco dinner and show.
Tapas, also known, as small plates is a uniquely Spanish meal, and we will dine at a couple of Tapas restaurants.
A trip to Spain is not complete without experiencing the city's nightlife. You are encouraged to take a little siesta (a little nap), since Spain's nightlife doesn't start until Midnight.
Our hotel, Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona, is easily accessible by train and by bus to many of Barcelona's key attractions, beach and museums. Guests will enjoy the 24-hour fitness center, as well as complimentary WiFi.